Committed to reducing the impact of our operations on the environment
We acknowledge that as a service organisation we can minimise the negative impact on the environment in many small ways, as well as increase the positive impacts and be a role model for responsible and sustainable environmental behaviour of our staff and suppliers.
The key principles underpinning our policy are:
- Take environmental issues seriously at a senior management level
- Develop and support small-scale environmental improvement plans at site wherever possible
- Consulting with employees and suppliers to ensure that environmental impacts on sites are understood and addressed effectively
We maintain and continuously improve a management system that complies with the requirements of ISO 14001:2015 and all environmental legislation and other requirements which are relevant to Woods Earthmoving & Plant Hire.
Our environmental objectives are to:
- Minimise environmental impact to land, water, air flora and fauna
- Prevention of pollution, protection of the environment, preservation of nature resources, and conservation of all heritages
- Achieve zero incidents of environmental harm
- Increase our use of low emission, low environmental impact machinery
To achieve these objectives, we shall act to:
- Ensure high levels of management and staff involvement in achieving stated objectives
- Continuously engage all stakeholders in meaningful consultation and communication
- Use suppliers, wherever possible, who have similar environmental objectives as ourselves and give preference to environmentally friendly products and equipment
- Always weigh the environmental benefits of a product equally with its price and safety benefits
- Measure our performance and use this information for the continual improvement of our services and management system
This policy is applicable to all personnel in Woods Earthmoving & Plant Hire, including any vendors working on behalf of the company. Together with the measurable objectives and targets, the policy will be reviewed on an annual basis to ensure that it remains relevant and suitable to business operations.